Saturday, July 5, 2008
Our San Antonio trip
We went to San Antonio on Memorial Day weekend...I'm late blogging this, I know. We had a lot of fun. We went to the Alamo on Friday when we got there. It is in the heart of downtown. We thought it was out in the boonies somewhere, but it's not. It was nicely landscaped. You really need to go without little ones and plan for a whole day if you want to read all the history info they have everywhere. You weren't allowed to take pictures IN the Alamo itself or in a building that had a lot of artifacts and history information.
On Saturday we went to the zoo. I wish we had this zoo - they had a cool kiddie area with a 1-foot swimming area. Perfect for toddlers! They had sand too - so it was a mini-beach. Peyton wanted to ride the train, so that was the last thing he did with Chris before we went back to the hotel.
They had the world's largest boots at a mall by the airport. We used Priceline to book our hotels. We stayed by the airport so we could get a cheaper rate and so we wouldn't have issues with parking and getting to our car. If you go without kids, I would say stay downtown for the experience.
On Sunday we went to the infamous Riverwalk. It was not stroller-friendly if you wanted to get to the other side. We had to find elevators to go up to street level, and those were hard to come by. Then we would get up to street level and be kind of lost on which side we wanted to be on. We had to walk a bit to find another elevator. We did cross a bridge to the other side with stairs once. It wasn't fun. Your kids have to be in a stroller - if Ryne wasn't in a stroller, I'm sure he would have walked right into the river. ;-) The Riverwalk is a really neat place. We went on a boat tour - we should have done that first so we knew more about where we were and what everthing was.
We left Monday, but hit the San Marcos outlet mall before going home. If you can ever get to San Antonio, I would definitely say it's worth visiting. Next time we go, I'm hoping it's a trip to Sea World. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment