Monday, July 14, 2008

Ashley is sitting up & has 2 teeth...and the kitty is letting the boys pet her




ASHLEY HAS BEEN SAYING MA MA ALL DAY! I will video tape her doing it, but when I tried, she wouldn't perform....so her official first words are MA MA!!! Ashley is sitting up really well. She has been able to sit up for shorter periods of time for a while now, but she was sitting up for a long time today without falling over. She has 2 bottom teeth coming in. She was doing some screaming meanies, so I took some pictures so you could see her teeth. Ashley had a fever last week for about 3 days. Her temp was around 101-103 and finally broke Friday afternoon. The rash appeared on Saturday...you can see it on her head in the pictures of her teeth. The rash is gone. I think she had Roseola. Peyton had it when he was 10 months, but his lasted 5 days. The rash appeared to be the same. She is doing great now. Ashley is eating solid foods...loves cheerios. I tried to get her to drink out of a sippy the other day, it didn't go so well.

Kitty #1 - my first 'child' - she is getting old. I think I have had her since 1997. You wouldn't know she was that old...anyways - whenever she would see Peyton, she would run - partly due to the fact that he would just scream really loud when he saw her. I have given him the duty of feeding the cats, which he does really well. Since then she has warmed up to him...since he always insists on giving them treats too. If it wasn't for him, they wouldn't get them because I forget. So Peyton got some treats, put them in her hand, and she was eating them right out of his hand. She rolled over and let them pet her belly. This is a new milestone for her. :-)

We are coming to Ohio - we are leaving on Thursday and Peyton cannot wait. He keeps asking me if we can go to Ohio - NOW! I tell him he has 3 more bed times. He was telling me the other day that Ohio is too far away to drive...that we need to go to the airport and fly because it's so far away that the moon will come up. Peyton has packed his bags and is ready to go. He has this red bag with handles, loaded it with a bunch of race cars - exactly TWO books, had the big Speedy car for Ryne (Ryne loves that thing - pushes it around all the time), and his Bambi...he sleeps with Bambi every night and has for about 8 months maybe. He had his bags packed and said
"I'm ready to go to Ohio, mom. I'm packed."
me: "Oh, you are? What do you have?"
P: "I got my race cars, books and Bambi. That's all I need."
me: "What about your clothes, and Pajama's and toothbrush."
P: "pbbbbttt....silly...you pack that. I do need the Thomas toothbrush though. Okay - let's go. I'm ready."
me: "But we have 4 more bed times until we go."
P: "FOUR more bed times? But I want to go now"
me: "Well, we will have 4 more bed times, then you wake up and only have 3 more bed times, then the next day you have 2, then one, THEN WE CAN GO."
P: "YEAH!"

He's so excited! We will be getting to Ohio Friday sometime, but we are going to BG, staying the night and giving Alex a campus tour.

Enjoy the video!

Vicki, Chris, Peyton, Ryne & Ashley

No comments: