I made this cute little Christmas tree last weekend. I TRIED to dupe the idea from Creating Keepsakes. They didn't give very good directions. My topper has issues. The paper is from Basic Grey Blitzen. Chris (DH) doesn't like my tree, but Peyton does. Peyton sees it and says "Christmas tree, mama". At least someone likes it. It was my first. I bought supplies to make 3, but it was a lot of work, I'm not sure I will complete the last two. I have a lot of other projects to work on. I think next I will make decorated clear ornaments.I painted the planter/vase with SU! craft ink. Spotted some ink on, messed up and smeared it around and it ended up looking similar to the paper, which is what I wanted. The dowel is decorated with DCWV adhesiver ribbon and there is some silver garlandy stuff in the planter for decoration.
Paper airplanes are fun! Chris made Peyton some paper airplanes and he was having fun throwing them. Ryne wanted to eat them. Please don't blame me for Peyton not matching. He likes to dress himself and I try to get him to match the best I can if we have to go somewhere. At home he can decide, it's likely he may have an accident anyways. His potty training is going well, although he took a nap in his underwear, the bed was dry, but the floor wasn't! He apparently wasn't motivated enough to make it to the toilet. He did come tell us that he had wet underwear and wanted a new pair. :-)
Ryne is on his next stage of eating solids. He loves his Zwiebeck Toast. He dropped one once and Cosmo ate it. Cosmo got yelled at and doesn't touch them now when Ryne drops one. I still give Ryne mashed solids and am slowly venturing into more solid solids. He had a dinner roll on Thanksgiving. He loved munching on that. I think he's going through a growth spurt as he's eating more solids these last few days than what he wanted prior. I keep thinking his 2 front teeth will appear any day, but they haven't come down yet...which may be good as he likes to bite me sometimes and it would be worse with 2 more teeth. :-)
Peyton decided he wanted to try his hand at cutting last night. I gave him a pair of child proof scissors and let him go to town. As he cut each piece, he handed them to me as though they were a treasured piece of art. He was so proud at cutting them and giving them to me...when I made a big deal about it, he had to give me a kiss! :-)
We had our Thanksgiving meal at our house today. We went to a friends house for Thanksgiving and had some yummy fried turkey. I had bought everything to make our dinner, so I made it today. I had to have my turkey leftovers...there were a lot of them! My turkey turned out great. I cooked in on convection time, but I'm not sure that saved me time like it says it should. It says it should save me 30% of time...maybe it saved me 10% of time, which then led me to time the other dishes wrong. It was okay, I put them in the oven warmer and they stayed warm until the meal was ready. That's a great feature to have on the stove. Peyton was excited to have an Elmo place mat. He picked at his meal. He just wanted to eat the cranberry muffins. We told him to eat more of his dinner before having another muffin...he didn't want to, so we had to send him to bed. It was 4:00 and nap time was overdue. He had more of his meal when he woke up....some bites were from the bribery effect of pumpkin pie! Ryne loved the mashed potates & sweet potatoes.

Our Feast! I meant to take the picture of the turkey before we tore into it...I was just concerned about the gravy at that point. :-) It was yummy & we have lots of left overs and enough fattening stuff to feed Cosmo. He's loving that!

No comments:
Post a Comment