Peyton is starting to get more independent. He has to do everything himself. Put on his socks, his pants - he tries the shirt, but can't do it by himself yet. He would like to put his shoes on himself, but he can't pull them on, so he settles for latching them shut. Sometimes he can't pull the socks on and he gets frustrated and asks for my help. If he wants to do something himself and you don't let him, he has a hissy fit. His morning ritual is to ask for juice and he has to shut every lid - the juice lid, the sippy cup lid, chocolate milk lid if he has that. When I
open something, he steals the lids from me so I don't have a chance to close it myself. And if I go get him more juice without him, he has a fit because he didn't get to close the lids. He's a really good helper. He takes the clothes to the laundry, throws away dirty diapers (gets mad if the pail is full and he can't turn the lid so the diapers go in the pail) - helps pick up toys and put things away.
11/16/2006 - Peyton had just got done taking a shower. He loves to wear his elephant towel around for a period of time after he bathe's or shower's. I think he would prefer that over pajama's sometimes. I wanted him to put underwear on and he wanted his diaper on. So he laid down on the carpet and cried for quite sometime before falling asleep. I'm sure it was a good 30-45 minute cry. I just let him lay there and cry. He took a good 2 hour nap and luckily he didn't have an accident while taking a nap.The scratch on his eye is from Cosmo. I think he was teasing him in his room before taking a nap and Cosmo probably was playing and he scratched him. He didn't want Cosmo to nap with him after that. :-)
11/17/2006 We had a bowling playdate at Texas Pro Lanes in Nacogdoches. It was a success. There were a good amount of kids there. Peyton didn't want to bowl at first. He was hangin' out suckin' his thumg and then on his own he decided to start bowling and didn't want to stop. The kids would just line up to the ramps and push the ball down even if it wasn't their turn. I was surprised at how long it took to do 2 frames! I thought for sure they had to be 1/2 way done. LOL! We can't say anyone won, but the kids all had a lot of fun.
There were about 8 mom's, 1 dad and 14 kids. The older kids had their own lane because they would have gotten mad at having to share their turn with someone. Chris got out of work a few minutes early as well as Amy's husband (my scrappin buddy) John and they came to hang out in the toddler chaos. :-) I bought a bag of animal cookies to share with the kids. Ryne wanted to eat the bag. We took it away from him and he ended up with a small piece of the bag. For some reason Ryne threw up before we went to bowling, but he had no side effects. We had our house sprayed for bugs 2 days before, so I don't know if he put something in his mouth that had the spray on it and it didn't agree with him. He was perfectly fine the next day. He did have another episode later that night, but he was fine and happy as could be. After bowling we went to CiCi's for Pizza. It was a fun play date. One of our next get together's is going on the Victorian Train Ride December 9th.OHIO WINS!!!!!
11/18/2006 - Yeah, Ohio State beat Michigan 42-39! OSU is still #1 in the polls and Michigan is still #2. There is talk that there will be another fierce rivalry rematch for the play-offs if Michigan will stay #2 in the pools. We watched the game at home - Chris left our double doors open for a while since it was really nice and they let a lot of sunlight in. We battled some flies for the next two days.
Can you believe that the Ohio pick 4 numbers for Saturday were 4 2 3 9! Is that crazy or what!
ZONKED OUT & NOWHERE TO GO!


11/21/2006 - So we wanted to go grocery shopping for our final Thanksgiving grocery list. Chris wanted to watch the BGSU vs. Toledo game since it was on ESPN. He wanted to watch the whole thing even though BG was getting whooped! I had my list made up and then wanted to go, he told me to wait, so I did. When he was ready, this is what we found. Both boys zonked out!!! So we didn't go. We had to put a diaper on Peyton since he had underwear on and Ryne woke up when I moved him. He played for a little while and I put him down for bed and he cried himself to sleep. I feel so bad making him cry himself to sleep, but if I don't, I don't get to sleep at a decent hour. I went grocery shopping this morning for the final list. We will be having Thanksgiving at our house as a family for the first time ever. I will be making everything and I hope it all turns out! Allrecipes.com is a great place to find yummy recipes and people review them, so you feel more confident when making a recipe.


No comments:
Post a Comment