So I was making lunch for Peyton and he said he wanted a cheese sandwich (just cheese and bread)...then he decided he wanted bologna on it, so I got that out. Then the conversation went like this:Me: Would you like white stuff on your sandwich?
P: Yeah! (eyes light up)
Me: Would you like Miracle Whip or Mayo?
P: Miracle Whip
So I get out the Miracle Whip...
P: No, I don't want that stuff - I want the white stuff in the blue container
(I open the fridge...he points to cool whip...)
Me: Really?!?, you want this white stuff on your sandwich?
P: Yes, yes, yes! The white stuff in the BLUE container - (Jumping up and down in excitement)
So I make him a bologna, cheese and COOL WHIP sandwich - he takes a few finger fulls of cool whip from the container as well. He ate 85% of the sandwich...and he said it was good. *shrug* ;-)

I believe that Grandma Allred got this puzzle map for Peyton a few years ago for Christmas. I was actually wanting a USA puzzle map and was pleased to find it in the hall closet and I didn't have to go buy one. I love that the puzzle is the shape of the states for the actual map part. Peyton needs help putting it together, but we have been putting it together almost every day (he calls it THE OHIO STATE MAP). He knows about 20 or so states pretty well. He always asks "who lives in xxx state" that we are putting down. That and "why does the earth always spin?", "what are sunspots?", "does the sun go 'rumble, rumble, boom boom'?" (this is in a book we read about the sun)
We went and saw a little 'movie' at the planetarium Friday - it was called "The Planets" - Peyton really liked it. They have a new 'movie' every month, so we will be doing this on a regular basis. It's only $2/person to go, and we only have to pay for 3 of us. ;-)


No comments:
Post a Comment