I saw a butterfly on the front porch. It was on it's last leg. I think the butterfly was no longer alive at this point, but Peyton was happy to handle it. He is beginning to like to handle bugs. I have issues, so some of my issues have rubbed off on him. "Mommy, kill that yucky bug". I try to get him to kill them sometimes, and he gets something and whacks it. Sometimes he enjoys it. I just hope he doesn't see a scorpion and want to handle it. We haven't seen one in the house for a few months. Somehow a purple gecko got in the house a few days ago. It was black and yellow striped and the back half was purple. I think it was supposed to be purple and yellow striped and since it was mad, it was black. I put the cat on it since I didn't want to handle it - I'm a wuss. I didn't even want to hold her in case she dropped the gecko and it touched me. I know they are harmless. Poor thing lost a few pieces of its tail...and the offed part of the tail kept moving for a bit after it was bit off. I did end up getting that gecko to the door and the cat put it in her mouth and I put her out. *phew* Peyton was asking where the gecko was at bed time.


No comments:
Post a Comment