Ryne's Little Jacks Daily Schedule
Every Tuesday & Thursday Ryne has speech. For 90 minutes he has a class that has 4 other children with speech delay in it, and they do a little routine each day. They do a messy craft or fun with food thing that Ryne loves. They did Banana's dipped in Jell-O (not made) on Tuesday. Messy fun for them. It got Ryne to eat banana's. He used to eat them all the time, and now will MAYBE eat them. I'm always afraid he will take a bite and I will find it somewhere on the ground (he spits food right out if he doesn't want it...sometimes he hands it to me.)
Anyways...here is the schedule
8:55 a.m. Gather in Human Sciences (bldg) lobby
9:00 a.m. Circle/greeting (They sing a Hello song that names each child and the child puts their picture in a certain spot)
9:05 a.m. Story Time - usually a book that they can touch and feel.
9:15 a.m. Outside play or Sensory activity (they played with bubbles on Thursday)
9:30 a.m. Group language activity #1
9:45 a.m. Free play/potty/wash hands
9:55 a.m. Snack
10:05 a.m. Music
10:15 a.m. Group language activity #2
10:30 a.m. Goodbye
10:30-11:00 a.m. - Ryne has a one-on-one speech session upstairs in a room
They have 2 way mirrors so the parents and/or students can observe both the group activities and the one-on-one. I don't stay the whole time. If Ashley is happy/excited/mad...they can hear the screaming (especially the 1-on-1) through the walls. I stay for about the first 30 minutes during the class and the last 5-10 with the 1-on-1.
We have plenty of things to do on campus. We walk around, read, play pool, find treasures, go to the library...now that his session is 2 hours I will probably go to the duck pond as well.
Ryne was not very happy during his class on Tuesday - he basically cried the whole time (or whimper cried - usually when he didn't have full attention and would realize that he didn't...but when he had his 1-on-1 session, he was excited to see his therapist (Veronica) and did great (no crying).
On Thursday, Ryne did a lot better...he did cry as soon as he saw his friends in the lobby of the building because he knew he would be leaving me...and he cried for a few minutes in the class, but once they went outside and did his activity, he was A LOT better. Plus they gave him a Speedy McQueen car to play with and hold, and I think that helped him.
Ryne did say "NO" and "CAR" on Tuesday, but I haven't heard him say it since...this is common. He has started to shake his head NO, which is a progression for him. He says YES with a sign - so him saying yes or not is a big help.
Picture...where is it? I keep forgetting to get the camera out when I'm there.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment