Friday, August 22, 2008

Journaling: Ryne got into Little Jacks

Ahhh....it's fall, which means Ryne's speech therapy starts up again. Ryne will be 2 1/2 in September. He says some things, but not enough to communicate with words what he wants. He normally will walk me over and point at something, which is a lot more than he did a few months ago. He just recently in the last few months started pointing...which is something toddlers need to accomplish (pointing). They have a Little Jacks program at SFASU (Stephen F. Austin State University). It's twice a week for 90 minutes. About 5 boys are in it, and there is a student there for each child. Then the child has a 30 minute 1 on 1 speech session. So Ryne will have some intense therapy for 2 hours a day twice a week. I hope it helps because I know Ryne & I are both frustrated at the communication obstacle. We do use some sign language and that helps, but words would help a lot more. ;-)

Peyton is signed up for SOCCER! I couldn't get him in T-ball because that is only for ages 6 or 7 and up in the fall. They only do 4/5 T-ball in the spring. I'd like to put Peyton in Kindermusik as well, but soccer practice may interfere with Kindermusik. I'm not too happy about that because I really like Kindermusik for Peyton, and he likes it as well. Even Ryne gets excited. But we are excited for soccer to start up. I hope Peyton likes it.

No comments: