Where is the camera when you need it? In the car of course - at home. I have a lot of blogging to do, but a few things to post where the pictures would have been priceless.
It rained HARD yesterday. Kind of ruined my playdate plans because I didn't want to get out of the car with 3 kids when I can't park in front of a door. We did go to playdate at my friends house in the afternoon. When we got home Peyton was eyeing the puddles of water and wanted to jump in them. So I said go ahead, jump away. Well he decides to jump in the small sand pile that is still on the driveway waiting to be moved to wherever Chris wants it. I'm carrying in some things and I hear "Mom, I'm stuck. I'm stuck, mommy...mommy, help me, I'm stuck." I have no idea what he is stuck in until I get back there. He's not very happy at this point, I try to pull him out and that boy is STUCK!!! I couldn't pull him out of that soaking wet sand. I had to get the shovel out and dig him out.
Then he has sand all over his shoes and now he's upset that he is dirty. Really, a boy is upset because he's dirty? Total oldest child perfectionism syndrome. LOL! So I tell him to go walk behind the basketball hoop in the little river that forms when it rains hard. He doesn't want to, but I tell him it will clean off his shoes. So he does eventually go in slowly - the sand isn't 100% off, so I tell him to jump up and down - it washes off and then he just kept on playing in it for about 10 minutes.
He comes to the door, we take off his clothes and him & Ryno get a bath. I had to stick Ryne in the crib while I got Peyton out as I didn't want Ryne getting stuck in the sand...they had baths right away.
-------------------------
Thursday I had speech therapy for Ryne on campus. So after we do that I decided to walk around campus since it was such a beautiful day. We eat and then I check my e-mail and on the computers in the Union and Peyton keeps telling me he wants to go play fetch by the fountain. I have NO idea what he is talking about. So after I am done checking e-mail -which took longer than I wanted because Ryne wasn't being cooperative and kept wanting to hit the keyboard. I only wanted 2 minutes you know...
Anyways, we go outside and Peyton runs right to this tent - they had voting on campus and one of the people running for student body president had a dunking booth at his tent. So the fetch at the fountain was throwing a soft ball to dunk someone. They took a picture with Peyton - heard them say "this would be good for XYZ" - political look good picture. I almost didn't want to let them take the pic after I heard that. I ignored it though...and let them take the pictures. Peyton and Ryne played there for about 30 minutes. He hit the target a 1/2 dozen times and thought it was hilarious when the person fell. I let Ryne hit the button and then Peyton went and hit the button. He didn't want to leave. The students were all really nice and even gave the boys cookies.
---------------------------------
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment